Emergency Preparedness Certificate Program
specialized training for event, meeting, & destination management professionals
- Washington DC Registration: 18-19 July 2017
- Group Discounts for 5+ from one company/location available
- Washington Hotels Close to The City Club
- Program Overview
- Course Outline
- CMP Credit
The Association of Destination Management Executives International (ADMEI) is pleased to introduce the only comprehensive event emergency preparedness and risk management training course customized for meeting, event, and destination management professionals. The Emergency Preparedness Certificate Program is developed by ADMEI in collaboration with MSA Security, a leader in security, intelligence, training and investigative services.
The program will be held at the City Club, 555 13th St NW, Washington, DC 20004
If your company is sending five or more participants from the same location, each registrant will get a 15% discount on their registration fee. Please email or call ADMEI at +1.937.586.3727 for the discount code.
ADMEI does not have a room block for this meeting so that you can use the hotel of your choice. Hotels close to the City Club include:
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC
- Renaissance Washington DC Downtown Hotel
- W Washington DC
- JW Marriott Washington DC
- Williard InterContinental Washington
This 10+ hour program is designed to develop emergency & risk management specialists within your company by providing participants with in-depth training in:
- Emergency Planning Mission with a focus on prevention, mitigation, and recovery,
- Basics of Emergency Operations Planning,
- Comprehensive, team approach to assist in building or revising an Emergency Operations Plan,
- Extensive scenarios to explore emergency situations and appropriate responses
- Additional planning considerations and risk assessments tools, and
- Current events and trends impacting the event and destination management industry.
Each participant will receive an Event Emergency Planning Checklist to customize for their use and a series of PowerPoints on training tactics and procedures to use for training internal and supplier/vendors.
This program begins at 1 pm on day one, includes an evening event for which an emergency preparedness and risk management plan is developed by the course participants, and concludes the second day at noon. Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a certificate in event emergency preparedness.
This program will be offered in Washington DC on 18-19 July.
The cost of the program is $585 for staff of current ADMEI member companies. The fee for individuals who do not work for an ADMEI member DMC is $650. Attendance is limited so please make your reservations early! If you have five or more people from your company who wish to attend, please contact the ADMEI office at 937.586.3727 for more information.
ADMEI thanks the sponsors of this innovative program:
The program will cover:
- Current events: active shooter, improvised explosive devices, vehicular assault, person and vehicle borne improvised explosive devices, global protests, weather related, pandemic and more
- Emergency Planning: prevention/deterrence; deploy/respond; recovery/remediation
- Basics of Emergency Operations Planning
- Emergency Operations Planning Process
- Scenario Discussions for wide range of common and uncommon situations
- Building an Emergency Operations Plan
- Additional Planning Considerations: overt/covert, communication chain of command/social media, run/hide/fight - which response works best?
This program has been submitted to the Convention Industry Council for CMP Preferred Provider review.