Who We Are
- Who is ADMEI
- How to Join ADMEI
- ADMEI Leadership
- Mentor Program
- ADMEI Quick Notes
- ADMEI Blog
- Achievement Awards
- Code of Ethical Conduct
- Governance Documents
Past Award Winners
ADMEI Achievement Awards
2017 Award Winners
ADMEI congratulates the winners of the 2017 ADMEI Awards. The winners were announced at the ADMEI Awards Gala on Saturday, 21 January 2017 at the Hotel Arts in Barcelona Spain at the conclusion of the ADMEI Annual Conference.
The three award categories are:
Best Innovative Events under $50,000
- Down the Rabbit Hole, Hosts Las Vegas, A Hosts Global Alliance Member, Las Vegas, NV
Best Innovative Events $50,001 - $100,000
- Under Indio Skies, The Destination Manager, Scottsdale, AZ
- Country Chic with a City View, Destination Nashville, A Global DMC Partner, Nashville, TN
Best Innovative Events $100,001 - $200,000
- Destination Imagination, AXS Group, A Hosts Global Alliance Member, Colorado
Best Innovative Events $200,001 - $500,000
- Jammin' on the Musical Midway, Destination Nashville, A Global DMC Partner, Nashville, TN
Best Innovative Events $500,001 and up
- Aloha Polo, AlliedPRA Hawaii, Honolulu, HI
Best Destination Marketing
- CMA Awards Familiarization Trip, Destination Nashville, A Global DMC Partner, Nashville, TN
Best Logistics - Transportation
- Riding the Wave: Planning for Smooth Transfers, Destination Philly AC, a DMC Network Company, Philadelphia, PA / Atlantic City, NJ
Best Public Event
- Feeding the Hungry, Engaging the Community, Inspiring the Soul, Mosaix Group, Asheville, NC
Best Recreational Activity
- 2015 Academy - All Hands on Deck; Sailing Regatta, NXTevent, Inc. a Hosts Global Alliance Member, Boston, MA
Best Teambuilding Activity
- 2015 Academy - All Hands on Deck; Sailing Regatta, NXTevent, Inc., a Hosts Global Alliance Member, Boston, MA
Best Tour Program
- Comcast 8th President's Club - A Puerto Rico Adventure: History Adrenaline & Under the Sea, Group Services Inc., a Hosts Global Alliance Member, San Juan, PR
Best Overall Program
- Capturing the "Ungettable Get", AlliedPRA Northern California, Northern California
- Born and Raised, 360 Destination Group, Orlando, FL
- Hello Bologna, Hello Tomorrow!, +39 Italy, a Hosts Global Alliance Member
Excellence in Cultural and Tradition Integration
- Taste & Tunes of Louisiana, ACCESS New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
Excellence in Entertainment Production
- Anchors Aweigh, CSI Washington, DC, Washington, DC
Excellence in Event Décor/Design
- Choose to Smooth, Corinthian Events, A Global DMC Partner, Boston, MA
Excellence in Incentive Travel Programming or Service
- The Big Kahuna - Riding Two Waves, AlliedPRA Hawaii, Honolulu, HI
Excellence in Meeting Services
- A New Way to Meet, Hosts New Orleans, A Hosts Global Alliance Member, New Orleans, LA
Excellence in Site Inspection and Technical Production
- Kickoff Event Olympus South Europe, +39Italy, a Hosts Global Alliance Member, Milan, Italy
- Comcast Business 8th President's Club - Site Inspection Visit, Group Services Inc. a Hosts Global Alliance Member, San Juan, PR
Joanne O'Connor President's Award
- Robert Lee, DMCP, Spaintacular, Barcelona, Spain
Volunteer of the Year
- Nicole Marsh, DMCP, CMP, AXS Group, a DMC Network Company, Colorado
Destination Management Rising Star
- Jacqueline Marko, DMCP, CMP, Destination Nashville, A Global DMC Partner, Nashville, TN
Destination Management Professional of the Year
- Carol Norfleet, DMCP, CMP, Destination Nashville, A Global DMC Partner, Nashville, TN
2017 Awards FAQ and Entry Checklist
This document provides an overview of the requirements for the ADMEI Excellence, Achievement and Recognition Awards and answers to questions you might have.
|1 September 2015||Beginning Date for Eligible Programs|
|31 August 2016||Early Bird Entry Deadline ($25 savings)|
|31 August 2016||Cut-off Date for Eligible Programs|
|30 September 2016||Nominations for Recognition Awards Due|
|14 October 2016||Regular Entry Deadline|
|28 October 2016||Late Entry Deadline ($25 late fee)|
|30 November 2016||Finalists Notified|
|14 December 2016||Storyboard Artwork Due to ADMEI for posting on website|
|21 January 2017||Awards Gala at the Hotel Arts in Barcelona|
ADMEI Awards Entry Instructions 2017
Want detailed information about the categories for the Achievement, Excellence and Recognition Awards for 2017? We suggest you download the 2017 Entry Instructions and collect all the items required for your entry to streamline your entry process.
Client Permission Request
Each entry must have the permission of the client to compete the entry process. We have prepared a Sample Client Letter with information about the ADMEI Awards program for your DMC to personalize and send to the client.
2017 Entry Fees
|Submission Deadline||Excellence Awards||Achievement Awards||Recognition Awards|
|31 August 2016||$120 USD||$170 USD|
|30 September 2016||Nomination: $0 No Charge|
|14 October 2016||$145 USD||$195 USD|
|30 October 2016||$170 USD||$220 USD||Entry: $0 No Charge|
All Achievement Award Finalists will be asked to submit an electronic storyboard that highlights their program/event. These storyboards will be displayed on the ADMEI website and at the Annual Conference on LCD televisions throughout the prefunction space. Storyboards must be designed and submitted in widescreen ration (16:9), landscape format. As a template, you can use 18" high x 32" wide or 27" high x 48" wide to achieve the 16:9 ratio. The storyboard can be submitted as a .jpg or .pdf file. Please remember that larger files will take long to load on the website; please try to keep the file under 5 Mg.
Storyboard are due to the ADMEI office on 14 December for posting on the ADMEI website.
Please email email@example.com with your questions with AWARDS in the subject. We will respond as quickly as possible. Please remember that our business hours are 9:00 - 5:00 ET.
Have you ever wondered how the ADMEI awards process works? Once all of the on-line supporting documents and back up are uploaded and the entry paid for, what happens next?
Here’s a handy guide to exactly what happens after you press “Enter” and hope for the best.
ADMEI company members are invited to submit their best programs to compete for a coveted ADMEI Achievement Award via the awards website. Each entry must be completed and paid for by the final registration deadline to qualify for judging. ADMEI uses an awards entry platform website that is managed and maintained by an outside company. The site is customized by the ADMEI staff for the type of entry – Achievement, Excellence or Recognition. The individual at the DMC who creates the entry is responsible for ensuring that company names and entry names are correct.
After the final deadline, ADMEI staff does a quick review of all paid entries and disqualifies any for the reasons listed in the awards submission criteria document. This document can be found on the ADMEI website under the Achievement Awards section.
Judges (who are identified by the current ADMEI Awards Committee and submitted to ADMEI) are then divided and assigned a category to judge. No judge is assigned nor allowed to judge an entry that is within their same city, state in the US, or country outside the US. Judges do not see any company specific information - only what was submitted via the ADMEI awards website. ADMEI strives to have each entry judged by a minimum of 5 judges.
Judges are instructed to eliminate a company from consideration if they find any indication of the company name in the supporting documents, including photos: staff with company logos on their apparel, name on the SOS, or other ways a judge sees which company has submitted the entry are a few examples of reasons for disqualification.
Each judge logs on to the website and given 2-3 weeks to review the materials presented and assigns points per question. Each given question can receive a point rating as low as 1 or as high as 5.
The awards website then generates a list of finalists to ADMEI based on the total accumulated points per category. Based on number of entries received per category and baring any ties, the top 3 in each category is generated automatically by the awards web platform. The ADMEI office then notifies the finalists for each category.
This external awards platform generates all of documents ADMEI uses during the awards notification process. ADMEI will review the final list for misspellings and accuracy, checking with the person who completed the entry if there are any questions.
Using the web platform generated notifications, all entrants are notified if they are a finalist or not. ADMEI member are notified of the finalists via Quick Notes and the list is posted on the website. Press releases are sent to industry trade publications. Each company who is a finalist will have a chance to review this list and notify ADMEI of any final adjustments on their name or entry title. ADMEI then orders the awards based on the finalist list, approximately 4 weeks prior to the Awards Gala.
The ADMEI Director of Awards and ADMEI Awards Committee reviews the finalists list. The awards committee then begins working on the awards dinner production schedule, awards program document, and secures presenters from the previous year’s winners.
Then the ADMEI Awards Gala night arrives and each of you gets an opportunity to walk across the stage and claim your award!
- Excellence in Risk & Crisis Management
- Excellence in Technical Production
- Excellence in Entertainment Production
- Excellence in Event Décor/Design
- Excellence in Incentive Travel Programming or Service
- Excellence in Site Inspection
- Excellence in Meeting Services
- Excellence in Technology Integration
- Excellence in Sustainable Initiatives
- Excellence in Cultural & Tradition Integration
BEST INNOVATIVE EVENT
- Under $50,000
- $50,001 - $100,000
- $100,001 - $200,000
- $200,001 – $500,000
- $500,001 and up
- Best Transportation Logistics
BEST CREATIVE ACTIVITY
- Best Teambuilding Activity
- Best Tour Program
- Best Recreational Activity
- Best Public Event
- Best Destination Marketing
- Best Corporate Social Responsibility Program
BEST OVERALL PROGRAM
- ADMEI Volunteer of the Year (VOY)
- Destination Management Rising Star (DMRS)
- Destination Management Professional of the Year (DMPY)
- Hall of Fame | Lifetime Achievement Award (HOF)